Bone Strength Formula with KoAct® from Life Extension
120 capsules / 30-day supply
RECOMMENDED USE: Take four (4) capsules daily in divided doses with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Available online only.
The use of diets high in collagen to improve bone health dates back to ancient cultures. Life Extension brings you this exciting formulation with KoAct®, a patented chelated form of calcium and collagen designed to maintain optimal bone health. KoAct® helps maintain bone strength and mineral density.1 This remarkable ingredient allows for greater strength and flexibility, so your bones can absorb energy, reducing the risk of age-related injuries. Additional plant extracts from bamboo and dried plum have also been added for their bone-protective minerals and polyphenols.2-8
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol), Calcium (from 3000 mg KoAct® Calcium Collagen Chelate and calcium fructoborate), Magnesium (as magnesium citrate), Silicon [from standardized Bamboo extract (stem)], Dried Plum extract (fruit) [standardized to 50% polyphenols by UV-Vis (50 mg)], Boron (calcium fructoborate as patented Fruitex B® OsteoBoron®)
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, maltodextrin, corn starch.
Non-GMO. KoAct® is a registered trademark of AIDP, Inc. Fruitex B® and OsteoBoron® are registered trademarks of VDF Futureceuticals, Inc. U.S. Patent No. 5,962,049.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
1. Hooshmand S et al. Evidence for bone reversal properties of a calcium-collagen chelate, a novel dietary supplement. J Food Nutr Disor. 2013;2(1):1-6.
2. Jugdaohsingh R et al. Dietary Silicon Intake is Positively Associated with Bone Mineral Density in Men and Premenopasual Women of the Framingham Offspring Cohort. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19(2):297-307.
3. Arjmandi BH, Khalil DA, Lucas EA, et al. Dried plums improve indices of bone formation in postmenopausal women. J Womens Health Gend Based Med. 2002 Jan;11(1):61-8.
4. Bu SY, Lerner M, Stoecker BJ, et al. Dried plum polyphenols inhibit osteoclastogenesis by downregulating NFATc1 and inflammatory mediators. Calcif Tissue Int. 2008 Jun;82(6):475-88.
5. Franklin M, Bu SY, Lerner MR, et al. Dried plum prevents bone loss in a male osteoporosis model via IGF-I and the RANK pathway. Bone. 2006 Dec;39(6):1331-42.
6. Bu SY, Hunt TS, Smith BJ. Dried plum polyphenols attenuate the detrimental effects of TNF-alpha on osteoblast function coincident with up-regulation of Runx2, Osterix and IGF-I. J Nutr Biochem. 2009 Jan;20(1):35-44.
7. Bu SY, Lucas EA, Franklin M, et al. Comparison of dried plum supplementation and intermittent PTH in restoring bone in osteopenic orchidectomized rats. Osteoporos Int. 2007 Jul;18(7):931-42.
8. Deyhim F, Stoecker BJ, Brusewitz GH, Devareddy L, Arjmandi BH. Dried plum reverses bone loss in an osteopenic rat model of osteoporosis. Menopause. 2005 Nov;12(6):755-62.